NOTE:

Dear visitor (if there is any) please note the following: The blog "Broken Radius" is hosted at Google Blogger's server. I can therefore not guarantee that your visit to the blog or any comment you write wont be recorded by the NSA. If you have any worries about this, you can visit instead my alternative blog Letters-to-a-Persian-Cat. This one is hosted at a European server which hopefully acknowledges visitors privacy.

6.8.15

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again 10 times. Fail again 9 times. But once a winner.

I don't know if the head-line of this post sounds particular witty. probably not. At least it does not sound as lyrical as the original Samuel Beckett : "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
I have to admit that my fear of failure sometimes blocks me from following up a particlar idea or a project (writing a paper or proposal for grant support, starting a business or planting a tree). But when I read the latest news that a guy with zero political skills and orientation such as Donald Trump want to run for US presidency, I can not often enough say to myself:

Never be afraid of failing. The biggest breakthroughs in science, the most successful pieces of arts and music and literature were always created by people who suffered from fear to fail. But they managed to overcome this fear.

1 comment: